The NADA treatment model follows the NADA U.S. five-point training protocol, developed at the Lincoln Memorial Hospital, Lincoln Recovery Centre in New York.
Initially used as an effective system for helping addiction and substance misuse, the NADA protocol has since proven successful when integrated as part of an holistic health plan to support number of different disorders.
The process involves the gentle insertion of up to five fine, single use, sterilised, stainless steel disposable needles into specific energetic points in the outer ear.
The five ear points:
(1) Sympathetic – calms the nervous system and helps with overall relaxation. This point is balancing the autonomic nervous system. Effecting the nerves to internal organs, regulates digestive system, regulates sweating, pain control and eye disease.
(2) Shen Men / “Spirit Gate” – reduces anxiety and nervousness. This point anchors the spirit and calms the mind. Often used for insomnia, palpitations, panic attack, mental health.
(3) Kidney Point – for calming fears and healing internal organs. This point strengthens lower limbs, spine and bone marrow, influences reproductive organs in men and women.
(4) Liver Point – for detoxification, blood purification, and to quell aggression. This point regulates metabolic functions of the liver, regulates menstruation, digestion and mood. It is very effective in migraines and high blood pressure. Used very often for stress relive and relaxation.
(5) Lung Point – promotes aeration and helps clients let go of grief. This point regulates respiration and is associated with skin problems. Often used in breathing and respiratory disorders.
The outer ear acts like a switchboard that sends impulses to the brain, which stimulate the release of endorphins, lowers stress and induces relaxation.
More information on the official NADA GB website.